Saturday, August 6, 2011

Summer 2011: Chapter Four

As our summer adventure continued, I had the privilege to do one of my favorite things: spend time with my Pittsburgh Family.  This included my cousins, aunts, uncles, brother, and my most endearing, Grandma Deep.  These visits always fill my heart with lifelong warmth in memories that my children and I create in the places where I spent the most joyous times in my childhood.  Sadly, over the last couple of years, the times have changed, as families have evolved and our grandparents have aged, but each visit is still incredibly meaningful and heart-warming.  I always come home feeling more grateful for my past..and present...then before I left; because my paternal family, my Dad's people, my Deep Family, has, and still does, provide me with a peace, that only pure, true, family can bring.


Waldameer Park, Erie, PA

This plate, that now hangs in Jesse's beautiful kitchen, hung in our Grandma's kitchen, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment