Saturday, May 28, 2011

Kelley with an E's Delicases: Chocolate Covered Strawberries Cake

This cake is soooo much tastier if made in strawberry season...May or June. 


The sweeter the fruit, the better.


What you will need at the store:


*Strawberry Cake Mix (and ingredients to make cake)
*1 Can of Cream Cheese Icing
* Hershey Bars or Mini-Chocolate Chips
*1 Pint of FRESH Strawberries
*Sugar
* Red Food Coloring

*Mix cake batter according to box directions.
*Split batter between two GREASED/FLOURED bread pans.
*Crumble one hershey bar (or MINI choc chips) and split between the two batters.
*Take a knife and go back and forth to stir up and even out the chocolate pieces.
*Bake and COOL

ICING:
*Mix one can of cream cheese icing with a tablespoon of vanilla

STRAWBERRIES:
*Clean
*Slice 2/3 of the strawberries, removing the stems of course.
*Mix with red sugar (make your own with sugar and red food coloring)
*Set aside.
*DRAIN before adding to the cake.
*Dip the remaining strawberries in choc and dry on wax paper. (1 TB milk to each cup of chocolate and melt in the microwave)

BUILDING THE CAKE:
*Put one cake on a plate.
*Icing
*Cover with the sliced strawberries.
*Add the second cake.
*Cover with the rest of the icing and strawberries.
*Sprinkle the top of the cake with the rest of the sugar.
*Decorate the sides with the dipped strawberries!
*Store in refrigerator. Better if cooled a few hours before eaten!

O.M.G.

(I want to try doing this with white chocolate next.  Sounds DELISH huh?)

Let me know your MMMMMMMMMMMM level if you try it!

Special Shout Out:  To one of the most wonderful, patient, kind moms I know....Anne Timberlake.  She is the mother of FIVE CHILDREN and is the one who suggested I blog my recipes.  I. Love. Her.  And I really LOVED the idea!  :O)
Eternally grateful! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I do love me some Anne Timberlake.

    I think I'd love the cake, too.

    ReplyDelete